Peter Wentz Farmstead
- Educational facilities
- Gift Shop
- Guided tours
- Picnic tables
- Site specific trails
- Wildlife observation
- Educational facilities- The site hosts educational programs outside (weather permitting) or inside the Visitors' Center and/or barn, as needed. The Visitors' Center also contains the gift shop, restrooms, and exhibit space.
- Gift Shop- We have a gift shop full of items relating to the history of the site and region, with items suitable for children to collectors.
- Guided tours- We offer guided tours of the restored home and reconstructed farmstead during regular business hours. If you wish to bring your group to the site, please contact us directly to discuss your program details and date options.
- Picnic tables- We have approximately 6 picnic tables located near the historic area of the site that may be used by individuals and groups during regular business hours. Please keep in mind that they are not protected from the weather.
- Restrooms- We can offer our visitors access to our accessible men's & women's public restroom facilities, available during regular business hours.
- Site specific trails- Hike the 1.25 mile trail at the Farmstead all year round to enjoy the sights and sounds of the seasons.
- Wildlife observation- Our acres of fields, kitchen garden, transitional meadow, managed woodlot, and wet meadow and watershed areas offer a prime location to view native Pennsylvania species of trees, plants, and wildlife of all types.
Looking to Hold an Event?
General Site History
The site consists of a restored late 18th century house and reconstructed outbuildings that reflect the Pennsylvania German culture and practices of the Wentz, Bieber, and Schultz families that lived and worked on the farm over the centuries.
For more information about the Peter Wentz Farmstead, visit our site page.