I’m a Veteran, what benefits do I qualify for?

You may be eligible for in-home care services through the Office of Senior Services (OSS). Our office also recommends contacting the Montgomery County Veterans Affairs Office at 610-278-3285. The Veterans Office will be able to explain benefits available to you that cannot be accessed through OSS.

Show All Answers

1. What does your agency do?
2. I have a loved one who needs help in the home, what do I do?
3. How do I request Home-Delivered Meals (i.e. Meals on Wheels)?
4. Are all services provided by the Office of Senior Services free?
5. I’m a Veteran, what benefits do I qualify for?
6. How do I find out the name of my Care Manager?
7. I believe my elderly neighbor is being abused, what do I do?
8. What do I do if I think I’ve been scammed?
9. I need help paying my utility bills, can you help?
10. I need help getting a down payment for a new apartment, can you help?
11. I have an eviction notice and don’t know where to go, can you help?
12. How do I access Mental Health/Behavioral Health Services?
13. How do I apply for SNAP (formerly food stamps) and Medical Assistance benefits in the community?
14. My relative needs a nursing home, how do I proceed? How can I pay for nursing home care?
15. I need assistance in completing forms such as the Rent Rebate application, where should I call?
16. How do I receive my age verification if I do not have ID?
17. How do I get a copy of a death certificate, will or deed?