What happens if I am unable to attend my scheduled hearing date?

Except for attorneys that are attached for court. No verbal re-scheduling is permitted. 

A re-scheduling request must be confirmed in writing, within (5) five business days of your original scheduled hearing, either faxed (610-278-3560), e-mailed (boahelp@montgomerycountypa.gov) or mailed (County of Montgomery, Board of Assessment Appeals, Court House, P.O. Box 311, Norristown, PA 19404- 0311) to our office. 

Only upon receipt of the written request will the request for re-scheduling be considered. It is the responsibility of the property owner to notify the taxing authorities of the re-scheduling. If the board does not receive written confirmation regarding the re-scheduling of the appeal, you are presumed to have abandoned your appeal. You will not be rescheduled and must wait until the next year to file.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I lookup information on my property and surrounding properties?
2. What is a property assessment?
3. Who actually sets my assessment?
4. What is the County Board of Assessment Appeals?
5. What is meant by "uniform" assessment rate?
6. What is "Market Value"?
7. If I recently bought my property, is this purchase price considered?
8. What is the difference between an assessment and taxes?
9. How do I appeal my assessment?
10. What happens after I file an assessment appeal?
11. What happens at the assessment appeal hearing?
12. What is good evidence to convince the Board to reconsider a new value of my home?
13. Who may represent a property owner?
14. Are there special rules for corporations or an LLC etc.?
15. What happens if I am unable to attend my scheduled hearing date?
16. What happens if I decide not to go through with the appeal?
17. What happens after the assessment appeal hearing?
18. What happens if I don't agree with the Board's decision?
19. Are there programs available for those who have hardship cases?
20. Whom do I contact if I need information regarding tax information, tax rates and tax dollars?