What happens if I don't agree with the Board's decision?
The property owner and taxing authorities have thirty (30) days from the mailing date on the notice of the Board’s decision to file a Petition with the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County. Neither the Board of Assessment Appeals nor the Prothonotary may offer advice or instruction on how to proceed with an appeal. If you are not represented by counsel, you can research court rules and procedures at the Law Library located on the Lower Plaza Level of the County Court house. The telephone number for the library is 610-278-3806. Or you may contact the Montgomery Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service to obtain a referral to an attorney qualified to handle an assessment appeal. Their telephone number is 610-279-9660, ext. 201. You may also request a referral online at http://www.montgomerybar.org

Show All Answers

1. Where can I lookup information on my property and surrounding properties?
2. What is a property assessment?
3. Who actually sets my assessment?
4. What is the County Board of Assessment Appeals?
5. What is meant by "uniform" assessment rate?
6. What is "Market Value"?
7. If I recently bought my property, is this purchase price considered?
8. What is the difference between an assessment and taxes?
9. How do I appeal my assessment?
10. What happens after I file an assessment appeal?
11. What happens at the assessment appeal hearing?
12. What is good evidence to convince the Board to reconsider a new value of my home?
13. Who may represent a property owner?
14. Are there special rules for corporations or an LLC etc.?
15. What happens if I am unable to attend my scheduled hearing date?
16. What happens if I decide not to go through with the appeal?
17. What happens after the assessment appeal hearing?
18. What happens if I don't agree with the Board's decision?
19. Are there programs available for those who have hardship cases?
20. Whom do I contact if I need information regarding tax information, tax rates and tax dollars?