LANSDALE, PA—On Thursday, November 2, Montgomery County Commissioners Kenneth E. Lawrence Jr. and Jamila H. Winder presented a large check of $242,088 to a group of 15 small business in Lansdale as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
The funds were distributed as part of the Montgomery County Recovery Office’s Small Business Grant Program Focused on Minority, Women, and Veteran-Owned Businesses, which aims to support small businesses with 50 or fewer employees and annual gross revenue under $500,000 with grants of up to $20,000. While all eligible applicants were funded, strong consideration was given to applicants from socially and economically disadvantaged groups.
“In 2020, when the COVID-19 was raging, storefronts across the country were shuttered. Small business owners, whose livelihoods and those of their employees depended on the local economy, had to pivot and adjust to this new reality,” said Commissioner Kenneth E. Lawrence Jr. "When the American Rescue Plan Act was passed, Montgomery County knew that our local small businesses needed our help.”
“Women, people of color, veterans, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, immigrants, people with limited English proficiency, or people with disabilities—these were the people this program aimed to uplift the most. Because historically, you’ve had to work harder, climb higher, go further, in order to achieve success,” said Commissioner Jamila H. Winder.
Lansdale businesses who received funding included:
- KUB KAO Thai by Rice & Curry LLC, 213 W. Main St., Lansdale, PA, 19446
- Mike's Shoe Repair, 23 Susquehanna Ave., Lansdale, PA, 19446
- Soleil Luna Hair Salon LLC, 22 Green St., Lansdale, PA, 19446
- Anointed Xpressions, LLC, 319 W. Main St., Suite 6, Lansdale, PA, 19446
- Local Tap Lansdale, 527 S. Broad St., Lansdale, PA, 19446
- SBK Cafe & Market LLC, 711 W. Main St., Suite 101, Lansdale PA 19446
- Galaxy Home Care LLC, 101 Coventry Cir., Lansdale, PA, 19446
- Montgomery Global Education LLC, 605 Shepard Dr., Lansdale, PA, 19446
- TK Enterprise Inc, 762 E. Main St., Lansdale, PA, 19446
- Yang's Martial Arts School, INC, 200 Pennbrook Pkwy., Lansdale, PA, 19446
- Eco Cleaners LLC, 1551 Valley Forge Rd., Unit U1, Lansdale, PA 19446
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant, 825 W. Main St., Lansdale, PA 19446
- The Black Reserve Bookstore, 319 W. Main St., Suite 8, Lansdale, PA, 19446
- Ralph’s Dry Cleaners, 2333 Welsh Rd., Lansdale, PA 19446
- Tanel Home Care & Staffing Agency, 100 W. Main St., Lansdale, PA 19446
Initially, the County allocated $2,650,000 for the Small Business Grant Program through the County’s $161.4 million ARPA allocation. Due to its success, County management agreed to increase its funding by more than $500,000 to ensure that all eligible applicants could be funded. 254 small businesses were awarded grants across the County, totaling $3,154,433.04, with an average grant amount was $12,419.03.
A dashboard of all awardees is available on the Recovery Office website.
Images provided by Montgomery County. Additional images are available here.
Media Contact: Megan Alt, firstname.lastname@example.org