NORRISTOWN, PA – MontcoWorks
and PA CareerLink® Montgomery County
are reminding unemployed residents in Montgomery County of upcoming changes to the Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation System. The system is being upgraded starting May 31, with a scheduled launch date of June 8, 2021.
Individuals who are currently filing bi-weekly claims for Unemployment Compensation (UC) or who will need to file an initial claim in the next month should be aware of a few critical dates related to this system upgrade. While the system will be offline from June 3 to June 7, claimants will be able to enter their bi-weekly claim information for this period once the new system is available.
The UC Phone Line, (888) 313-7284, will not be affected by the shutdown. Claimants can view detailed how-to guides and workshops on the system upgrade at www.uc.pa.gov
PA CareerLink® Montgomery County will be available to assist unemployed individuals with a full range of career and job search services. However, they will not have access to assist with any UC-specific issues between May 31 and June 7 per the following schedule:
- May 31 to June 7: No new claims can be opened (but will be granted backdating once new system is available)
- June 3 to June 7: Bi-weekly claim filing not available
- Bi-weekly filing: file 5/30/21 - 6/2/21 for week 5/29/21; file 6/8/21 for week 6/6/21
- June 8: New system available, new claims will be backdated to 5/30/21
- June 8 to 9: No phone claims (Teleclaims) are available, however online filing is available
- June 10: All UC services available
While the staff at PA CareerLink® Montgomery County cannot assist with UC claims issues during this system upgrade, the center will be open by appointment five days per week effective June 1, 2021 with a team of dedicated partners. PA CareerLink® Montgomery County staff are ready to assist job seekers through access to training, work experience, one-on-one career counselling, and a full menu of job search, job readiness and skills-based workshops.
Call (610) 270-3429 for assistance or visit the PA CareerLink® Montgomery County website
for more details. Residents can also follow @paclmontco on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn to learn more about the many services offered.