October 20, 2022
PA Small Business Development Center’s “First Step Workshop”
Thursday, October 20, 2022
First Step Workshop
Date: Thursday, October 20th, 2022 from Noon to 2pm
Location: PA CareerLink® Montgomery County (1430 Dekalb Street, Norristown)
Registration Link: https://pasbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/29828
Who Should Attend: This facilitated workshop is designed for anyone who is thinking about starting a business or who has already started a business but might like to validate that you didn’t miss a critical step.
This small group session will cover foundational decisions that an individual needs to consider when starting a business including:
- What are the pros and cons of different business entity options (LLCs, S-Corp, non-profit, sole proprietor)
- The technical issues that need to be considered (filing for EIN, zoning/codes, other critical decisions)
- The various free resources available to support business owners during their startup will be reviewed including: the SBDC, SCORE, Women Business Centers, VBOC and local resources)
- The business model canvas will be introduced as a tool for addressing the 9 foundational aspects of a successful small business.
- Securing funding for your startup will be covered including SBA lending resources and what is required by commercial banks for loan decisions.
After this live workshop you will be assigned a no-cost professional business consultant/mentor to assist you with your startup journey.
This First Step workshop will provide you with valuable resources to help you successfully start your business, including the business model canvas and Excel worksheets to help you with estimating your startup costs.
Take Aways: business model canvas, startup checklist, market research request form, handouts, networking with others attending who are in a similar phase of starting a business, sharing of best practices and free resources.
Please note that only pre-registered individuals will be allowed to attend the event. No walk-ins will be accepted. Maximum Attendees: 20