Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are core values of the Montgomery County government. We continue to build an organization that values, supports, and embraces diversity while simultaneously creating a more inclusive and equitable workplace. We will also continue to leverage and build upon the resources, talents, strengths, and opportunities available in our community. The County is also committed to aligning our culture and business practices to be a vibrant example of equity, inclusion, and belonging for all.
To meet this goal, the County is committed to:
- Maintaining an inclusive, productive, supportive, open, innovative, and equitable workplace where every individual is valued for their unique characteristics
- Fostering respect, understanding and acceptance of differences
- Enabling employees to reach their full potential, thus, enhancing and nurturing the relationships among staff and optimizing the quality of services to our residents and the public
Role of the Chief of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Governmental Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE)
Montgomery County is a proud member of the Governmental Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE). GARE is a national network of government agencies working together to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities for all. Its multilayered approach includes:
- Supporting jurisdictions that are at the forefront of racial equity work.
- Developing a “pathway for entry” into racial equity work for new jurisdictions.
- Supporting local and regional collaborations that are broadly inclusive and focused on achieving equity.
To learn more, visit https://www.racialequityalliance.org/.