Board of Elections
The Montgomery County Election Board is responsible for Election Administration in Montgomery County and normally consists of the three County Commissioners. A County Commissioner may not serve on the Board of Election for any election in which that Commissioner is a candidate for any public office, including re-election. The Election Board is supported by the employees of the Voter Services Department and works closely with the Director of Elections to ensure the following responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the law & the Pennsylvania Election Code:
- Maintaining Voter Registration
- Establishing Polling Locations
- Distributing & Receiving Nomination Petitions & Nomination Papers
- Distributing & Receiving Campaign Finance Reports, Including Statements of Financial Interest
- Poll Worker Recruiting, Training, Retention & Payment
- Preparing the Ballots for In-Person & Mail-In Elections
- Canvassing Absentee & Mail-In Ballots
- Programming & Distributing Voting Machines to All 426 Voting Districts Throughout Montgomery County
- Certifying Election Results
If a County Commissioner is running for office, including re-election, the President Judge of the Court of Common Pleas names a temporary Election Board member from among the sitting Judges on the Court of Common Pleas.
Please note, the following schedule is subject to change.
- October 5, 2023, immediately following Board of Commissioners meeting
- October 17, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- November 3, 2023 at 12 p.m.
- November 6, 2023 at 1 p.m. (continuation of previous meeting)
- November 15, 2023 at 12 p.m.
- November 22, 2023 at 12 p.m. (Canceled)