- Law Library
- Self Help Packets
Self Help Packets
The Library has created Self-Help Bibliographies intended for use by the non-Lawyer. They include the names of helpful books and some sample forms. These Bibliography packets can be picked up at the Library.
The suggested forms in these bibliographies are simply samples. More extensive resources are available throughout the Library. Materials in these bibliographies are provided with the understanding that the Library is not engaged in rendering legal counsel. If legal advice is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
What is a Form?
You may have been advised to go to the Library and get a form. The Library has some forms that are provided by the court or state. We also have examples of forms for you to use as templates.
- If you are not using a lawyer, you must prepare your own documents or forms.
- Legal documents are prepared individually, to describe the issues involved in each case.
- Library "form books" provide examples, formats or samples of forms commonly used to prepare these forms.
- The form books in these bibliographies will show you samples, examples, formats and guidelines for preparing your forms.
- You may photocopy the samples from the books or use one of our computers.
For further assistance, please see the Reference Librarian.