- Health and Human Services
- Program Offices
- Public Health
- Programs and Services
- Lead Program
- Lead Hazard Control Program
Lead Hazard Control Program
The Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services has been awarded a $1.8 million grant from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to reduce lead paint hazards in the homes of qualified residents in the boroughs of Lansdale, Norristown, and Pottstown.
WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED?
Lead-Paint Testing and Inspection
A certified Lead Inspector will test for lead paint throughout your home and identify all areas that may be dangerous.
A Certified Lead Abatement Contractor will repair Lead hazards found in your home. The type of work completed in your home is determined by the results of the lead inspection. The program does not make the property lead-free, instead, the property will be considered lead-safe.
Examples of repairs include:
- Repairing and repainting chipping and peeling lead-painted surfaces
- Window and door repair or replacement
- Enclosing exterior trim and components
Repairs up to $12,000 will be made at no cost to the owner.
Once the work is complete, a certified Lead Inspector will retest the home for lead. All properties that have completed the Program will be placed on the Montgomery County Lead-Safe Housing Registry.
HEALTHY HOMES INSPECTION
Homes may also qualify for an additional $5,000 to remediate healthy homes issues. At the time of the lead inspection, a Healthy Homes inspection will also be conducted.
Examples of work include:
- Pest control and management
- Cleaning and organizational supplies
- Installation of exhaust fans
- Repairs to stairs and installation of railings
- Removal and replacement of carpet
- Minor structural repairs
- Must own or rent a home in Lansdale, Norristown, or Pottstown Borough
- A child under 6 live with or regularly visit you OR does a pregnant woman live with you
- Your home built before 1978
- Your household income from all sources fall below these limits -
If you are a landlord, your tenant meets the income requirements; VACANT PROPERTIES are also eligible.
FOR More Information
- Printable Info Sheet
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-278-5117.