- Domestic Relations
- Virtual Support Hearings
Virtual Support Hearings
The Virtual Support Hearing is a record hearing and is your final opportunity to present documentation and oral evidence. Any appeal from the order issued after this Virtual Support Hearing will be an oral argument to the Court based on an exception to a ruling of evidence, a finding of fact, or conclusion of law. You cannot present new evidence after the conclusion of the record hearing. It is critical that you are prepared for your hearing. An extension of time to produce documentation will not be granted.
You must provide all documentation/evidence to our office NO LATER THAN (7) DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED HEARING DATE AND TIME NOTED ON THE ATTACHED ORDER or the Hearing Officer is not required to consider it. Additionally, you may not present this evidence to the Court at a later date if you file support exceptions. You are required to provide the following:
- A copy of your current valid driver’s license or other photo identification (i.e. Passport, school ID);
- A true copy of your most recent Federal and State Income Tax Return, with all schedules and attachments, including W-2’s, 1099’s and K-1’s.
- Current paystubs. If paystub does not show year to date income, you must produce the last 6 months of paystubs
- All business tax returns with all schedules and attachments
- Documentation of Social Security income
- Documentation of income from Unemployment Compensation
- Documentation regarding all sources of income including but not limited to the settlement sheet from a bodily injury claim or a worker’s compensation claim; distributions from an inheritance; any means by which you receive income.
- Verification of child care expenses
- Verification of the cost of medical insurance
- Verification of mortgage, taxes and Home Owner’s Insurance costs
- Private school tuition bills, summer camp, cost of extracurricular activities; costs of religious education.
- Physician Verification of a health issue that prevents or limits employment
- Verification of a pending lawsuit for a bodily injury claim or a pending worker’s compensation claim including the insurance carrier, claim number, and the name of your attorney
- Verification of a pending application for and the status of a claim for Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI)
- Verification of receipt of and amount of DPW (welfare) benefits.
- If you have a support obligation in another state, please provide a copy of the order.
- If you have extraordinary medical expenses for you or a child in your care, copies of those expenses, including the cost of prescription medications.
- Proof of direct payments to Plaintiff since the date of filing
- Completed Client Update Sheet
- When completing this form, please provide your current contact and employment information.
- Praecipe for Entry of Appearance - Self-Represented Party
- If you are not currently represented by an Attorney or if your Attorney will not be appearing at the scheduled conference, pursuant to PA Rule 1930.8 you must complete and return this form prior to your conference.
In addition to providing documentation and evidence to the Domestic Relations Section office, parties MUST exchange all documentation and evidence you plan to produce at the hearing at least (10) days prior to the scheduled Virtual Support Hearing. Exhibits not exchanged may not be considered by the Hearing Office.
- You must submit any of the above documents and evidence, (7) days prior to your scheduled Virtual Support Hearing, by:
- Scan/Email: VirtualSupportHearings-Montgomery@PACSES.com;
- Fax - 610-278-1619;
- Mail - Montgomery County Domestic Relations, c/o Virtual Support Hearings, PO Box 311, Norristown, PA 19404-0311;
- Upload Files button below.
Motion For Continuances must be received at least (10) days prior to the scheduled Virtual Support Hearing. Only emergency requests will be considered within (10) days of the scheduled Virtual Support Hearing. Motion for Continuances must be on the appropriate form and must contain supporting verification in order to be considered (including emergency requests). Requests submitted without verification will be denied.
- Continuances will not be granted for any of the following reasons:
- Parties are working on/circulating a settlement. (In this instance, parties must appear at the Virtual Support Hearing to enter the agreement on the record.);
- Unavailability of counsel, unless Court attached. (Hearing Notice is required as verification);
- Unavailability of expert witness.
Failure to appear at the Virtual Support Hearing may affect exceptions, should you choose to file. The Judge may dismiss exceptions filed by parties who fail to appear at the Virtual Support Hearing.
You and the opposing party may agree and stipulate to certain facts, which means that documentation of certain information is not necessary. For example, the parties may agree there is a serious illness in the family, or other support obligations outside the family, and those facts are not in dispute. You may either stipulate in writing to certain facts prior to the Virtual Support Hearing or stipulate orally to the Hearing Officer on the day of the Virtual Support Hearing.
If you have questions, please call the Domestic Relations Section office at 610-278-3646 to speak with a customer service representative.
- You may not take pictures of documents you plan to submit to our office with your mobile device. If you have either an iOS (Apple) or Android smartphone, your device has the ability to "scan" documents from these devices. Follow the below how-to-guides made available by the device manufacturers;
Failure to adhere to these instructions, provide and exchange all required documents and evidence with the Domestic Relations Section office and opposing party, and/or if the required documents and evidence are not received at least (7) days prior to the date of your Virtual Support Hearing, your complaint/petition may be dismissed or an order may be entered/modified.