Bail Refund Information

Getting Your Bail Money Back
Unless bail has been forfeited for failure to comply with conditions of the bond, once a case is completed a check for the bail money, minus the administrative fee for processing bail, will be mailed to the surety who posted the bail. Bail refunds are made by check only and are sent through the mail. Checks cannot be picked up at our office.

By law, a case is not considered completed until there has been a full and final disposition of the case, including all avenues of direct appeal. We cannot mail the check until after that date. This means that, assuming no appeal is filed, the surety can expect to receive his or her refund in approximately 40 to 45 days of the trial court’s disposition.

Address Changes

If the address of the surety has changed it will be necessary to do one of the following:
  • The surety will need to come into the office to change his / her address by showing a valid driver’s license or other proper identification.
  • The surety can fill out the Address Change form located on our website under Forms and Information and mail it in to our office. The mailed-in form must be notarized or it will not be accepted.
  • If the surety does not have web access, he/she can write a letter that must include the case number, the surety’s old address, and their new address. The mailed-in form must be notarized or it will not be accepted.
Mail to:
Montgomery County Courthouse
Clerk of Courts Office
ATTN: Bail Refunds
P.O. Box 311
Norristown, PA 19404-0311

You cannot change an address over the telephone or by fax.

Additional Information
If you require further information please call 610-278-3357 or 610-292-2154 and leave a message, with the name of the defendant and the docket number of the case, which should begin with CP-46-. Please state your question clearly and be sure to leave a phone number where you can be reached. Calls will be returned as soon as possible. You do not need to leave multiple messages.