Getting Started with Services

Medical Assistance: Children who have been diagnosed with developmental disabilities, emotional disorders, behavioral disorders, and/or medical conditions, are eligible for health insurance through Medical Assistance (MA). MA provides important funding for behavioral health services, medicines, and medical care.

When children with a disability apply for MA, their parents’ income is not considered to determine eligibility. Many children with a disability can also apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which is based on a parent’s income.

Information for obtaining Medical Assistance (MA) can be obtained at the Montgomery County Assistance Office, in several ways:

If further assistance is needed in applying for MA or if families have questions regarding children with private or commercial insurance through a parent’s employer, an Administrative Case Manager at a local Community Behavioral Health Center (CBHC) can help. Please see the map to the right for a list of CBHC contacts.

Region Agency Name Agency Address Agency Phone
Abington (#464) Child and Family Focus 304 Easton Rd.
Willow Grove, PA 19090
(267) 818-6190
Franconia/Salford (#462)
Penn Foundation

807 Lawn Ave.
Sellersville, PA 18960
(215) 257-6551
Lansdale (#463) Merakey (formerly NHS) 400 N. Broad St.
Lansdale, PA 19446
(215) 368-2022
Lower Merion (#466) Lower Merion
Counseling Services
7 E. Lancaster Ave.
Ardmore, PA 19010
(610) 520-1510
Norristown (#465)

Central Behavioral Health 1100 Powell St.
Norristown, PA 19401
(610) 272-3042
Western  (#461) Creative Health Services 11 Robinson St.
Pottstown, PA 19464
(484) 941-0500