The following list of light bulbs may either be put into the trash or dropped off at a Household Hazardous Waste event (HHW) for safe disposal. Batteries Plus Bulbs will accept bulbs for a fee.
- Incandescent Filament Light Bulbs and Halogen Light Bulbs– dispose of as trash.
- Fluorescent Lamps and Bulbs – Fluorescent lamps with a ballast contain a small amount of mercury and can be dropped off at any HHW event as well as the fluorescent bulbs.
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs) – These curly tube bulbs are accepted at drop boxes inside Ikea stores for free recycling or can be dropped off at any HHW event.
- Light-Emitting Diode Bulbs (LEDs)- These light bulbs contain a small amount of heavy metal and can be dropped off at any HHW event.
- Fluorescent Tubes – Residents can drop off the tubes to any HHW event. Businesses must make arrangements for disposal. See below for a list of vendors.
AERC Recycling Solutions, Allentown, PA (610) 797-7608 www.aerc.com
Air Cycle Corporation, 800-909-9709 https://www.aircycle.com
Batteries Plus Bulbs, Montgomeryville, PA (215) 688-5848 https://www.batteriesplus.com/t/recycling
GoClear Corporation Lamp & Electronic Recycling, 610-444-0688 www:gocler.com