Founded in March 2001, the Montgomery County Sexual Assault Task Force was created to assist agencies working with juvenile and adult sex offenders, their victims and the communities in which they all reside. The task force established a community-based forum for collaboration, information sharing and feedback on policy/practices affecting sex offender management.
Mission of the Montgomery County Sexual Assault Task Force:
TO ENHANCE COMMUNITY SAFETY, TO INCREASE RESPONSES TO THOSE AFFECTED BY SEXUAL ASSAULT AND TO IMPROVE SEX OFFENDER MANAGEMENT
This multi-disciplinary team is comprised of representatives of the court, victim services, district attorney’s office, adult and juvenile probation, county prison, child welfare, FBI, state probation and parole, treatment providers, polygraph examiners, police departments and hospitals.
Accomplishments of the Sexual Assault Task Force:
• Community meeting panel presentations convened to answer questions and address concerns as needed related to sexual offenders in specific communities
• Interagency commitment to and collaboration for effective sex offender management and supervision
• Improved notification of victims during all phases of legal process
• Research-based management of adult and juvenile sex offenders
• Education of member agencies and community on best practices related to sex offender management