Community Input - Council Meetings
An 11-member citizen advisory board, the Drug & Alcohol (D&A) Planning Council, is appointed by the County Commissioners to serve a 3-year term, with the intent of ensuring that residents have a way to participate in the planning of services.
County residents are welcome to attend any or all meetings. Interested persons should, however, confirm the date, time, and location by calling the office at 610-278-3642.
October 19, 2023 from 12:00 - 1:00 PM
November 16, 2023 from 12:00 - 1:00 PM
December 21, 2023 from 12:00 - 1:00 PM
Appointed D&A Planning Council Members should be representative of all regions of the County and need to fill one of the following categories as per the relevant mandates of the Pennsylvania Drug & Alcohol Abuse Control Act of 1972, Act 63 and Pennsylvania Code 4, Part XI, Chapter 254 pertaining to single county authorities:
- Criminal Justice
- Business or Industry
- Psycho-Social Professional
- Student (under age 25)
- A Person in Recovery
- Community Member Representative of the Economically Disadvantaged either by Residence or Employment
- Person aged 65 and over
- Erika Rothenberg (Industry Community, Term Expires: 12/31/2022)
- Larry Fiebert (Psycho Social, Term Expires: 12/31/2022)
- Patrick McElwaine (Psycho Social, Term Expires: 12/31/2022)
- Dr. Carol Wittman (Health Care, Term Expires: 6/16/2025)
- Nancy Becker (Community, Term Expires: 6/16/2025)
- Dr. Whan Soon Chung (Health Care, Term Expires: 6/16/2025)
- Lisa Barbiero (Education, Term Expires: 6/16/2025)
Become a Member
If you would like to apply to become a member of the D&A Council, please complete this application.
If you are interested in learning more about D&A services, please call the administrative offices located in the Human Services Center in Norristown at 610-278-3642 or one of the case management or prevention agencies.